Achieve personal mastery as you transcend challenges and learn secrets of soaring new heights.
Mastery: “ascendancy or victory in struggle or competition.”Masters are the victors of life, those who step up to the challenges and opportunities of life with the courage, determination, and wisdom to win the private and public victories.
Mastery does not happen by accident. It is a process that occurs as we interact effectively with the events and circumstances of our lives. Each moment of our lives provides an opportunity to practice mastery by expanding our visions, awakening the faculties of our minds and our hearts, and assuming full responsibility for living, growing, and contributing.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one’s own feelings, and that of groups, and how these emotions can influence motivation and behavior. The concepts of Emotional Intelligence have been around since at least the 1900s, but the term was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985.
As a result of the growing acknowledgement by professionals of the importance and relevance of emotions to work outcomes, the research on the topic continued to gain momentum, but it wasn’t until the publication of Daniel Goleman’s best seller Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ that the term became widely accepted by the mainstream.
Our workshops help develop knowledge and skills that will significantly increase effectiveness and ability to successfully interact and lead others. Never before have such diverse and critically important business, interpersonal, and leadership topics been combined into a training series with such impact. These workshops use the latest techniques in adult learning- including simulations, case studies, behavior modeling, application exercises, group discussion, and skill building. The emphasis is on application rather than theory. It enables participants to learn new competencies and gives them the tools to apply them in the work place. Click on the topics of the workshops offered to get more details.
Emotional Intelligence Training
Emotional Intelligence Bootcamp
Emotional Intelligence Bootcamp is a two-day engagement, based upon the Advance Insights Profile (we call this the discovery process). All attendees will received the Advanced Insights Profile with Emotional Intelligence Attributes.
The elements of the Advanced Insights Profile are:
- The Attribute Index: a revolutionary way to measure people’s organizational skills and competencies, to increase individual, as well as team efficiency and effectiveness. This instrument was developed by Dr. Robert Hartman to identify the way in you think and make decisions, by taking a measurement of your abilities at a core level, and then showing you a clearly defined development path specific to you, mirroring your skills needed for the role you currently fulfill.
- The Emotional Intelligence Attributes are a unique application of the Attribute Index, and provide a deeper window into your abilities by analyzing your core attributes that reinforce excellence in emotional intelligence: Communications Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Self Awareness, Self Management, Social Awareness, and Social Skills.
- Innermetrix Values Index based upon the work of Dr. Eduard Spranger to measure what really motivates an individual, what your values are, beliefs and personal interests. This is used in aligning company culture, recruitment and retention within organizations to the individual. It is fundamental in managing people to achieve superior performance in their job.
- Innermetrix DISC Index™: developed from Dr. William Marston. This is used to measure your observable behavior in both natural and adapted styles. We measure this to reveal “How” you will carry out any given task, engage with people and solve problems. By knowing this, you will be able to create the environmental factors to reduce stress and create sustainable high performance.
Emotional Intelligence Bootcamp Outline:
- Values Index
- Attributes Index
- Emotional Intelligence Index
- Self Management
- Self Awareness
- Self Regulation
- Self Motivation
Module Three:Four skills in emotional intelligence
- How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
- Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
- Understand Emotional Meanings
- Manage Emotions
Module Four:Verbal Communication Skills
- Focused Listening
- Asking Questions
- Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
Module Five:Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Body Language
- The Signals You Send to Others
- It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Module Six:Social Management and Responsibility
- Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Articulate your Emotions Using Language.
- Seeing the Other Side
- Self Management and Self Awareness
- Giving in Without Giving Up
Module Eight:Gaining Control
- Using Coping Thoughts
- Using Relaxation Techniques
- Bringing it All Together
Module Nine:Business Practices (I)
- Understand Emotions and How to Manage Them in the Workplace
- Role of Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Disagreeing Constructively
Module Ten:Business Practices (II)
- The Balance Between Optimism & Pessimism
Module Eleven:Making an Impact
- Creating a Powerful First Impression
- Assessing a Situation
- Being Zealous without Being Offensive
Module Twelve:Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Emotional Intelligence Development Program
This is an extended engagement, delivered in eight 3-hour modules over the course of several weeks. People who attend this program will learn a set of principles that will change the way they view their lives as well as their performance on the job. They will grow in self-understanding, confidence, personal effectiveness, and their ability to handle the challenges/opportunities of the workplace. Such personal transformation forms the foundation for organizational transformation.
1. The Integrity Model
- Understand the process of self-mastery.
- Learn the flaw inherent in the common symbols of success.
- Develop a new definition of success based upon your personal paradigm.
- Experience the power of your personal paradigm.
- Learn the four different paradigms from which people live.
- The core beliefs of each paradigm.
2. Conquering Your Key Moments
- Understand how you respond to challenging or upsetting events (key moments).
- Explore and understand the patterns in your responses to key moments.
- Develop a process for exploring the consequences of your behavior.
- Choose positive behaviors and feelings during your key moments.
- Identify and challenge the distortions in your interpretations.
- Learn a method for changing weakening beliefs to empowering beliefs.
3. Embrace Reality
- Understand the nature of reality.
- Learn the importance of aligning your life to reality.
- Accept some of the difficult realities of your life.
- Explore and let go of resentments, complaints, and blame.
- Learn to live in the here and now.
4. Exercise Responsibility
- Learn the meaning and nature of personal responsibility.
- Understand how you avoid taking responsibility for yourself.
- Assess your willingness to accept personal responsibility.
- See the choices available in your life.
- Understand the power and freedom that comes from accepting responsibility.
5. Clarify Your Vision
- Understand the meaning and power of vision.
- Clarify your personal vision.
- Evaluate the thoughts that keep you from living your vision.
- Set goals to achieve your vision.
6. Define Your Purpose
- Understand the difference between three kinds of vision.
- Write your personal purpose statement.
- Clarify your guiding principles.
- Develop affirmations to support you in living your purpose and guiding principles.
- Use the technique of visualization to make your vision a reality.
7. Act With Integrity
- Understand the meaning of personal integrity.
- Recognize when you are acting from personal integrity.
- Know the symptoms and consequences of self betrayal.
- Learn to let what matters most govern what matters least.
- Deepen your commitment to what is most important.
- Learn to make your behavior more congruent with what is most important to you.
8. Value Who You Are
- Understand the meaning and importance of self-esteem.
- Become the primary source of your self esteem.
- Accept your imperfections.
- Learn to make time for self-renewal.
- Acknowledge and build upon your strengths.
- Maintain an attitude of gratitude
Contact us now for a quote: