Create an organization in which people’s hearts are in their work
Few would argue that people are in organization’s most valuable asset. Do you want better quality, faster response time, higher productivity, greater sensitivity to customers, and improved profitability? Teams are the catalyst for making this happen. But teams need to be trained in order to achieve their fullest potential.
High performing teams
High-performance teams are more than a group of people working together to accomplish a common task. They share a common vision and purpose that inspires their performance. They feel accountable for their work. They solve problems, make decisions and act like full partners in business. When you attend this program you will learn, from foremost experts in the field, how to create a team environment that results in outstanding performance.
“The performance challenges that face companies in every industry…demand the kind of responsiveness, speed, online customization, and quality that is beyond the reach of individual performance. Teams bridge the gap”
– Jan Katzenbach and Douglas Smith, The Wisdom of Teams
- Gain an understanding of how teams differ from traditional work groups.
- Create a team charter that includes a clear statement of your team’s purpose, operating guidelines, performance objectives, and an ideal team vision.
- Learn good meeting management skills, critique your meeting effectiveness and develop action plans to improve your meetings.
- Identify your team’s customer requirements and how these guide team performance.
- Analyze and streamline the core work of the team.
- Clarify team member roles and responsibilities and ensure greater accountability. Set up systems for measuring your performance, setting goals and tracking progress.
Genius Team Performance Bootcamp
Genius Team Performance Bootcamp is a two-day engagement, based upon the Advance Insight Profile. It’s been developed by condensing the experience of thousands of organizations around the world, and focuses on team-building, effective communication and effective interpersonal collaboration. In this course you will:
- Reflect on your own team’s strengths to identify opportunities to apply new practices that can enhance your effectiveness
- Explore a range of teamwork principles and practices that can assist you to harness your own, and your team’s, potential
- Formulate an action plan with clearly defined steps that will allow you to translate what you’ve learned into daily activities
Some of the things we’ll cover:
- Understanding the eight attributes of high performing teams
- How to form a team the right way
- How to shape individual team members
- How to manage team performance and deal with issues decisively
- How to deal with change within the team
The elements of the Advanced Insights Profile are:
- The Attribute Index: a revolutionary way to measure people’s organizational skills and competencies, to increase individual, as well as team efficiency and effectiveness. This instrument was developed by Dr. Robert Hartman to identify the way in you think and make decisions, by taking a measurement of your abilities at a core level, and then showing you a clearly defined development path specific to you, mirroring your skills needed for the role you currently fulfill.
- Innermetrix Values Index based upon the work of Dr. Eduard Spranger to measure what really motivates an individual, what your values are, beliefs and personal interests. This is used in aligning company culture, recruitment and retention within organizations to the individual. It is fundamental in managing people to achieve superior performance in their job.
- Innermetrix DISC Index™: developed from Dr. William Marston. This is used to measure your observable behavior in both natural and adapted styles. We measure this to reveal “How” you will carry out any given task, engage with people and solve problems. By knowing this, you will be able to create the environmental factors to reduce stress and create sustainable high performance.
- Team Profiles for both DISC and Values
High Performance Team Building
High Performance Team Building is training engagement spread over five weeks, each session lasting a half-day. It is based on the proven team building methodology developed by Patrick Lencioni. It will help executive, managerial and operational teams make substantial progress towards becoming a more cohesive, higher performing team. During the engagement we will cover:
- Building Trust – No quality or characteristic of a team is more important than trust. Trust is the foundation for building a team.
- Mastering Conflict – Trust is important for a very practical reason; without it, teams cannot, and probably should not, engage in productive ideological conflict.
- Achieving Commitment – Teams that commit to decisions and standards do so because they know how to embrace two separate but related concepts: buy-in and clarity. Buy-in is the achievement of honest emotional support. Clarity is the removal of assumptions and ambiguity from a situation.
- Embracing Accountability – When it comes to teamwork, accountability is the willingness of the team members to remind one another when they are not living up to the standards of the group. It means that team members have to be willing to call each other on behavioral issues, as uncomfortable as that might be.
- Focusing on Results – Even when a team has overcome each of the dysfunctions we’ve addressed, there is still a chance it will lose sight of the ultimate measure of a great team: results. We need to keep collective results in the forefront of our minds.